Board Certification Examinations
Am I Eligible?
2023 Certification Exam
Single Step Certification!
All candidates are required to pass a two-part Certification Exam in order to achieve ABPM Board Certification.
The Certification Exam
The Certification Exam Contains Two Sections
- The didactic section consisting of 125 multiple choice questions.
- The case section consisting of 9 clinical case scenarios.
For a complete breakdown of test subject matter, click here!
Candidates completing PMSR or PMSR/RRA programs may sit for the Board Certification exam only at the conclusion of their final residency year.
- Candidates are granted Board Eligible status for 8 years upon completion of an approved CPME residency.
- An additional 5 years of eligibility will be granted if certification is attempted but not achieved in the first 8 years.
- Candidates in this group must pass the single certification exam which is comprised of the didactic and case based sections.
ABPM Mobile App
An app for iOS/Android devices has been created which contains practice questions to help prepare for the didactic portion of the examination. To download the app, please search for ABPM in Apple iTunes or Google Play.
ACPM Review Text (3rd Edition)
Residents who join ACPM with free Resident Membership can receive a $150 discount for the official Review Text and access to other free educational content. Resident Members must be active and in good standing with a CPME-approved Residency Program. Visit www.acpmed.org and complete the online enrollment form to join today!
In an effort to help prepare you for your upcoming exam, ABPM has created sample case scenarios that are now available to all candidates. The practice cases will familiarize prospective test takers with the Pearson VUE platform and provide an example of what can be expected during the case portion of any of our ABPM exams. Please note you DO NOT need to log in to Pearson VUE to access the sample case. Simply, click here and the ABPM Sample Exam will be located on the lower right-hand corner of the webpage. Lastly, the answer key is available at the end so be sure to keep track of your answers as you work through the sample case.